Creamy mushroom soup
"opt." means that the equipment is optional. You can use it if you want to, to go faster or to batch cook.
- 500 g brown button mushrooms - you can use white ones but the taste will be a little different
- 1 onion - small
- 1.5 stock cube - chicken or vegetable for a vegetarian version. (If using stock powder: 1 stock cube is meant for 500 ml of water.)
- 500 ml water
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 200 ml rice milk
- ⅛ tsp guar gum - or guar fiber (⅛ tsp = a good pinch)
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them in two or four, depending on their size.
- Peel a small onion and cut it in four.
- Rinse the parsley sprigs and leave them aside.
- Put the onions, stock cubes, mushrooms and water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. If using a cooking food processor, select a velvety soup program.
- Once cooked, add the parsley, the rice milk and the guar gum and blend well.