Baked cinnamon apples
"opt." means that the equipment is optional. You can use it if you want to, to go faster or to batch cook.
- 1 kg apples - peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder - optional
- 45 ml maple sirup
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (360 °F), fan setting.
- Peel the apples and cut them into pieces of about 2 cm (roughly one inch). If you have an apple slicer, simply cut the pieces you obtain into halves.
- Place the apple chunks in a large enough baking dish.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well with a large spoon.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the apples are caramelized, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.