Baked cinnamon apples
A tasty little dessert, quite easy to prepare but very enjoyable, especially in winter. No refined sugar but rather maple syrup with cinnamon...
Apple slicer (opt.)
"opt." means that the equipment is optional. You can use it if you want to, to go faster or to batch cook.
- 1 kg apples - peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder - optional
- 45 ml maple sirup
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (360 °F), fan setting.
- Peel the apples and cut them into pieces of about 2 cm (roughly one inch). If you have an apple slicer, simply cut the pieces you obtain into halves.
- Place the apple chunks in a large enough baking dish.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well with a large spoon.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the apples are caramelized, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.
Calories: 114 kcal | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Proteins: 1 g | Fats: 1 g | Saturated fats: 1 g | Sodium: 3 mg | Potassium: 207 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 22 g | Vitamin A: 90 IU | Vitamin C: 8 mg | Calcium: 45 mg | Iron: 1 mg