"opt." means that the equipment is optional. You can use it if you want to, to go faster or to batch cook.
- 1 banana - very ripe (approx. 110g)
- ½ avocado - very ripe (approx. 60g)
- 1 egg
- 45 ml virgin coconut oil
- 30 ml maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 25 g coconut flour
- 20 g desiccated coconut
- 65 g jumbo oats
- 60 g dark chocolate - cut into pieces, or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (360 °F), fan setting.
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Mash the banana and avocado flesh in a bowl with a fork (or a mixer).
- Add the egg, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well with a whisk (or mixer).
- Add the vanilla and baking soda, then the coconut flour and desiccated coconut.
- Lastly, fold in the oat flakes and the chocolate chips.
- Place large tablespoons of the mixture on the baking tray (or use an ice cream scoop for added ease). Flatten them slightly with a fork to form small patties about 1 cm thick.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes. Let them cool down (on a cooling rack if you have one) before devouring them!